Housing and Financial Literacy
The Affordable Housing Program has been one of the core focuses of the Urban League since 1946. The Affordable Housing Program provides quality, affordable homes by rehabilitating existing structures and constructing new homes and prepares families for homeownership by hosting homebuyer essentials workshops. The Urban League leases and manages a total of 98 affordable single- and multi- family units. In addition to leasing housing units, the Urban League offers workshops on topics including: credit counseling, financial literacy, food and nutrition, medical counseling, homebuyer education, as well as safety and drug awareness.
Assists potential and existing business owners to develop sustainable businesses that, in turn, provide jobs for OKC
- Evaluate possibility and identify obstacles of becoming a business owner
- Business plans and registrations
- Financial Literacy Education
- Small Business Operations- contact Shani Nealy at [email protected] or Larry Birden at [email protected]
Webinars – NEW for 2017!
- On-demand webinars covering business basics help clients learn business basics from their home